Palace Cinema, Pentre Broughton, Wrexham.

Palace Wrexham

Pentre Broughton,


Opened: 7th December 1936

Closed: 5th December 1959

Capacity: 443 seats.. single screen


Palace Cinema. Pentre Broughton



The Palace, Pentre Broughton. February 1937, an invited OAPs audience watches “Mr Deeds Goes To Town”

Opening film- “Limelight” starring Charlie Chaplin.

A major refurbishment took place when the cinema closed from six weeks from 9th May 1953 when new projection and sound equipment was installed, together with a Cinemascope screen. The Palace re-opened on 6th July 1953, showing a film about the Queen’s coronation and the conquest of Everest.

The final film projected was “The Vikings” which starred Kirk Douglas, Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis.

The Palace closed on 5th December 1959 ending 23 years of film entertainment. white